Enhance the delivery of municipal services by relieving police officers of duties that do not require the authority of a police officer.
Senior Volunteers must be able to professionally deal with the public. There is some basic computer usage required. The ability to exit the vehicle for citation placement and retrieval of property is also necessary.
Senior Volunteers operate a vehicle which is equipped with amber overhead warning lights and a police radio. They are also given a phone while working. They always work with a partner Senior Volunteer. They are expected to obey all traffic laws and do not respond in an emergency response mode. They also do not have arrest authority. They assist elderly or disabled citizens through the You Are Not Alone program. They also do vacation House Checks. They enforce parking violations through both warnings and citations as authorized. They also assist with Abandoned Vehicles and recovering Found Property (such as bicycles).
Must be 55 years and/or older.
- Public Speaking
- Problem Solving
- People Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- Law Enforcement
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- At least 8 hours per month
- Be in good health, US citizen, wear uniform provided, clean background check
- Read to Succeed!
- Assisting in 62B District Court!
- Senior VIP's In Action!
- Library Art Atendant
- Excellent Shopping Experience!
- Brighten A Shopper's Day!
- Healthy Meals to those in need!
- Community Road Patrol - VIP
- Become a VIP - it's easier than...
- Become a Grambassador for the...
- Get a dose of fresh air by doing...
- Help others get to where they...
- Active Volunteering!