We are looking for an organized, self-motivated individual who loves social media, wants to make Edheads’ interactions with its followers as relevant as possible, and is ready to help expand Edheads' social media and interact with and increase our followers.
You will work closely the Director of External Communication to find interesting posts and queue up all social media content and campaigns across all channels including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube. You will have the opportunity to produce, collect materials, strategize and build content for social media postings. All posts will be cleared by the Director of External Communications for at least the first few months. Edheads has a built-in audience of teachers and students, but is reaching out to the parents of students ages 6-12 for the first time and trying to build this audience from the ground up. You will get to see the direct results of your efforts and will assist in making the Edheads' social media pages the most interesting ones around!
You would be responsible for:
- Monitoring approved content across multiple social media platforms
- Creation of and/or updating internal posting calendars and planning documents
- Monitoring and analyzing social media data
- Making content suggestions and revisions based on social media data
- Researching social media platforms to determine which (if any) Edheads should develop a new presence on.
- Working with the Director of External Communications and Board of Directors Marketing Specialist to coordinate communication and marketing to a new audience
- Passionate about social media with strong understanding of how to generate interest on Facebook, Instagram, or other social sites.
- Strong organizational skills and an eye for detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Positive attitude
- Ability to create graphics for use on social media a plus
- Experience with Excel and PowerPoint
- Traits and knowledge:
- Broad knowledge of social media. You will need to know what makes for an engaging post across multiple social platforms.
- Creativity. Not only with respect to text and graphics, but also in problem solving and time management. We are a small company and have to react quickly at times.
- Strong project management skills. Edheads is digital and so is our work: you will not be in an office with other team members and will need to be able to complete your work without a supervisor checking in constantly.
- Mental ability. We're looking for someone who possesses good judgment, is curious, resourceful and quick to make good decisions.
- Willing to take a risk, along with the ability to make the same mistake only once.
- Team-focused attitude to work with and learn from Edheads team, followers, partners and stakeholders.
- Desire for learning and using constructive criticism to improve
Ready for a challenge? Apply today by sending us:
- A sample post you think would work well on our pages. Explain your choices and how you think the post or adaptation will appeal to our new target audience (parents of students ages 6-12) or expand our current audience of teachers.
We look forward to hearing from you.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 20
- 1-2 hours a week
- knowledge of social media sites, how they differ, what works