Help Homeless & Abandoned Animals In Los Angeles
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
318 people are interested
WE HAVE A BIG JOB TO DO AND WE NEED YOUR HELP!
LA Animal Services (LAAS) is looking for volunteers who are committed, caring and responsible to truly make a difference in the lives of the abandoned and homeless animals in our care. We need friendly, outgoing and personable volunteers to assist the public and work with the staff in our six Animal Care Centers and at mobile adoption events.
Apply online: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?ap=71176500
VOLUNTEER TIME COMMITMENT - We ask that you commit to at least 6 hours per month, for at least 6 months. Once approved and trained, volunteers are welcome to come help any time we are open to the public. Our public hours are Tuesday through Saturdays 8 am - 5 pm, and Sunday 11 am - 5 pm.YOUR WORK IS VALUED...AND VALUABLE Our volunteers make a huge difference in the lives of the animals in our care by providing them with love, exercise and socialization, introducing them to potential adopters, and by networking them to the public on social media.
NOT ENOUGH TIME? THERE ARE OTHER WAYS TO HELP!
Make a tax-deductible contribution: You can choose the Animal Welfare Trust Fund, The Spay/Neuter Trust Fund, or the Star Program, which helps pay for medical care for severely injured animals rescued by LA Animal Services. http://www.laanimalservices.com/donate/
Donate items for the animals:
- Towels and blankets (lots of them - new or used items are very welcome!)
- Dog treats
- Dog toys (including Kongs and Nylabones)
- Cat treats
- Royal Canin Mother and Baby food for underage kittens
- Cat toys
- Pee pads
- Guinea pig, hamster and gerbil food
- Hay (Timothy or Oat) for rabbits
We are always looking for short or long-term fosters, including fosters who can bottle-feed underage puppies and kittens. Download the foster application at: http://www.laanimalservices.com/pdf/volunteer/foster_application.pdf
JOIN OUR TEAM AND HELP US CREATE A MORE HUMANE LA!
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About LA Animal Services
221 North Figueroa St, 6th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90012, US
The mission of LA Animal Services is to promote and protect the health, safety and welfare of animals and people in the City of Los Angeles.
- The City of Los Angeles has six animal shelters. While in our care, the animals are cared for and every effort is made to reunite lost animals with their owners. We work diligently to facilitate adoptions to loving homes for the animals that are not claimed, abandoned or relinquished by their owners. Additionally, L.A. Animal Services handles a variety of important functions benefiting the residents and pet population of Los Angeles:
Animal Cruelty Task Force
Spay and Neuter Task Force
Small Animal Air Rescue Team
We'll work with your schedule.
We have 6 locations throughout the LA metro area:Chatsworth, Lincoln Heights, San Pedro, South LA,Van Nuys and West LALos Angeles, CA 90012
- Animal Care / Handling
- Social Media / Blogging
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Must be at least 12
- Orientation or Training
- We ask for a minimum commitment of 6 hours a month
- Volunteers must fill out an application, attend an orientation and receive training.