Serve as an assistant in job readiness training workshops to provide support for the workshop facilitator as well as individual support for clients while the instructor facilitates training. Duties will include: answering questions, assist in distributing materials, address distracting behavior and support the instructor’s workshop goals.
- Patience to interact with adult learners and offer assistance
- Ability to interact consistently, constructively and cooperatively with clients and staff
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Intermediate computer skills (Microsoft Office, Windows, Email and Internet) helpful in computer-based workshops.
- Experience in Human services, Teaching, Counseling or Mentoring preferred but not required.
- One to Two hour workshops are scheduled between 9am-3pm Monday-Friday
- Workshops and Computer Class schedules are determined each month.
- Commitment is based on volunteer’s availability per month.
- Adult Education
- Basic Computer Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Commitment is based on volunteer’s availability