Lancaster Catholic High School seeks a part-time social media intern or volunteer to join our Advancement team. The ideal Social Media Intern/Volunteer will strong knowledge and understanding of the digital media landscape, including various social media websites. The intern or volunteer hired for this position will need strong critical thinking skills in order to integrate into our vibrant and passionate team.
- Work with Public Relations Manager to develop an ongoing comprehensive social media strategy with measurable goals and objectives.
- Perform social media market research
- Become the social media voice for post-school events including athletics fine and performing arts, student clubs and activities and more. Attendance at these events are required.
- Monitor and post on blogs, forums, and social networks through use of software programs including HootSuite.
- Online outreach and promotion using Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and more
- Website and social media optimization
- Keyword analysis
Skills and Qualifications
- College student majoring in marketing, advertising or communications desired
- Familiarity with all aspects of social media
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Strong writing and speaking skills
- Ability to communicate and maintain a professional demeanor
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator skills preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Highly organized and task oriented
- Excellent critical thinking skills
How To Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to Kristopher Nolt, Public Relations Manager.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Public Relations
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10-15 hours/week