Become a volunteer Communications Manager at For Goodness Cakes and help us spread Love, Joy and Frosting to disadvantaged and at-risk youth.
For Goodness Cakes works with foster agencies and care homes to match volunteers to make and hand-deliver birthday cakes to foster children and at-risk youth on their special day within LA County.
Birthdays are often overlooked due to more pressing needs. Our mission at For Goodness Cakes is to give individual youth at least one special moment that is about them. By providing a child a treat made especially for them, it gives them some much needed time to not feel the increasing pressure of their socioeconomic situation, but rather grow in optimism and confidence.
We are looking for an experienced Communications Manager to volunteer with our team for a few hours a week around their schedule, to help plan and implement our communication strategy to raise our profile with prospective volunteers, donors and foster agencies which will help our organisation grow to serve as many children as possible.
The Communications Manager will work with the CEO and Head of Operations to set and guide the strategy for all communications, website, social media and public relations messages to consistently articulate For Goodness Cakes’ mission to our volunteers and the public. They will also aid in generating advertising and publication materials for fundraising events, in conjunction with the Fundraising Manager.
Familiarity with managing a company’s social media presence and website editing, particularly using Squarespace, will be an advantage.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the annual communications plan in collaboration with the For Goodness Cakes team and volunteers
- Lead the generation of online content that engages our audience and leads to measurable action. Decide who, where, and when to disseminate news and events information.
- Put communications vehicles in place to create momentum and awareness as well as to test the effectiveness of communications activities
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, and For Goodness Cakes’ website content.
- Coordinate webpage maintenance-ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly
- Track and measure the level of engagement within the network over time
- Coordinate and organize annual meetings that engage the network's discreet audiences
- Identify and manage all media contacts
If you are interested in this position, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
We are hosting our next volunteering orientation on Sunday May 29, 2016 at 3pm, where you can come to meet us and other like-minded volunteers to find out more about our organisation. If you would like to attend the orientation, please RSVP at https://forgoodnesscakesmay.splashthat.com
- Social Media / Blogging
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Flexible, but at least four hours a week
- Motiviated, self-starting, engaged, team-player