Do you love visiting with seniors?
Santa Clara County's Meals on Wheels program has started a new friendly visitor program for seniors in partnership with The Health Trust, and is looking for interns for 10-20 hours/week!
Our interns are paired with seniors who receive Meals on Wheels and are homebound. They visit with them in their homes every week or a few times a month, and call them on the phone as well. This is a rewarding opportunity to build deep relationships with our community members who are seniors 60+ years of age.
The opportunity is for 10-20 hours a week for 4-6 months.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
1. Friendly, outgoing, warm, and caring volunteers who love conversing and spending time with seniors.
2. Ability to commit to volunteering at least 10 hours a week for 4-6 months.
3. Ability to pass a background and TB test.
4. Ability to drive to and from visits.
5. Ability to take on other projects as internship requires (health education, putting together outreach materials, referral research, etc.)
All our clients have unique life experiences to share, and some may currently be: hard of hearing or deaf, have limited eyesight, have mild/moderate dementia, and/or walk with the use of an assistive device.
If interested, please contact Claire Bleymaier, Program Coordinator, at:
- People Skills
- Elder care
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- At least 10-20 hours/ week for 4-6 months
- Ability to use own transportation to meet with clients in their homes