We are in need of a volunteer to assist us with the logistics and event planning details of our Light The Night Walk, one of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s largest national campaigns. Light The Night is an evening fundraising event in which friends, families and co-workers come together forming walk teams and fundraising to benefit blood cancer research.
The evening is filled with live music, refreshments and entertainment including a fun zone with bounce houses, mascots, a rock climbing wall, corn hole and glow-in-the-dark face painting.
The event is growing exponentially with our fundraising goal at $1 million this year in Charlotte alone. We are looking for a volunteer who is well connected within the community and who can help us in the following areas:
- Reach out to local businesses for in-kind donations to give as rewards to our top fundraisers
- Help secure event day entertainment (music, performers, balloon artists, face painters, etc.)
- Help secure local food/refreshment donations for event participants
- Recruit volunteers for projects in preparation of the event, as well as volunteers to assist on the day of the event
This year’s Charlotte Light The Night Walk will be held on Saturday, November 5, 2016 at 4:30 p.m. at Romare Bearden Park.
Please contact Hannah Carr, Campaign Specialist, with any questions: 704-705-1826 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resource Development / Management
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
- Program Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18