20 people are interested
Online Recruiting Specialist
Please visit the new page to apply.
20 people are interested
The Tuskegee Cadet Squadron of the Civil Air Patrol, located at Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB) in Washington, DC, seeks volunteers with an interest in human resource management to manage the squadron's online recruitment program and assist in recruiting and retaining qualified personnel.
Location: Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, D.C.
Time Commitment: 10-15 hours per month
- Managing Tuskegee Squadron's online recruiting program.
- Devising new strategies to encourage public interest in volunteering with Civil Air Patrol.
- Discussing the benefits and opportunities of CAP membership with prospective members.
- Collaborating on the design of posters and other recruiting materials and placing them in strategic locations online.
- Familiarizing themselves with the organization, missions, publications, and policies of the Civil Air Patrol.
- Attending weekly squadron meetings, held on Monday evenings from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m., as needed.
- Strong organizational skills, people, and communication skills.
- Ability to enter data into and generate reports from an online database system.
- Aged 18 or older.
- Willingness to become a member of the Civil Air Patrol and comply with all internal regulations and procedures
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Enthusiasm for community service and working with youth.
- Access to recruiting, retention, and leadership training and opportunities.
- Formal recognition of training, qualification, and experience through CAP's Recruiting and Retention Officer Specialty Track.
- Training and mentoring available from higher headquarters' Recruiting and Retention Officers.
- Networking and training at Wing, Region, and National Conferences.
In addition to position-specific duties, all members are encouraged to participate in Civil Air Patrol’s Emergency Services, Aerospace Education, and Cadet Program missions. A wide variety of Emergency Services and other training opportunities are available if desired, though participation is not required.
23 More opportunities with Tuskegee Composite Squadron, Civil Air Patrol (U. S. Air Force Auxiliary)1 Review
About Tuskegee Composite Squadron, Civil Air Patrol (U. S. Air Force Auxiliary)
200 McChord Street (Hanger 1), Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB), Washington, DC 20032, US
Supporting America's communities with emergency response, diverse aviation and ground services, youth development, and promotion of air, space and cyber power.
Civil Air Patrol, the official auxiliary of the U.S. Air Force, is a nonprofit organization with 58,000 members nationwide. In its Air Force Auxiliary role, CAP performs about 85 percent of continental U.S. inland search and rescue missions. Its unpaid professionals also perform homeland security, disaster relief, and drug interdiction missions at the request of federal, state, and local agencies. The members play a leading role in aerospace education and serve as mentors to more than 24,000 young people currently participating in CAP's Cadet Program. Visit www.capvolunteernow.com for more information.
The Tuskegee Composite Squadron is the only Civil Air Patrol squadron located inside the District of Columbia. The squadron is largely dedicated to the implementation of the CAP Cadet Program, which encourages young people between the ages of 12 and 20 to develop leadership skills, meet physical and intellectual challenges, and serve their communities. At the same time, the squadron encourages adult members to use their volunteerism as a springboard to personal and professional development.
200 McChord Street (Hanger 1)Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB)Washington, DC 20032
October 31, 2023
- Project Management
- People Skills
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Social Media / Blogging
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15 hours per month
- Willingness to become a member of the Civil Air Patrol and comply with all regulations & procedures.