Lancaster Catholic High School seeks a part-time or full-time Marketing and Public Relations intern or volunteer to join our Advancement team for Summer/Fall 2016. The intern or volunteer hired for this position will need strong critical thinking skills in order to integrate into our vibrant and passionate team. These positions are unpaid volunteer positions.
- Work with Public Relations Manager to ensure components of various Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC) campaigns are being completed and evaluated
- Write the weekly parent email newsletter and monthly alumni newsletter under guidance of Public Relations Manager
- Help manage the school's various social media platforms.
- Assist with graphic design as needed.
- Help update the school's mobile app and website.
- Serving as a photographer for certain school events.
- Generate new ideas for advertising, promotions or publicity strategies.
Skills and Qualifications Desired (Not all required)
- College student majoring in marketing, advertising or communications desired
- Familiarity with all aspects of social media
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Understand how to put together mailings and other print pieces.
- Strong writing and speaking skills
- Ability to communicate and maintain a professional demeanor
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Understand how to write copy for the web and manage websites and mobile apps through Content Management Systems
- Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator skills preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Highly organized and task oriented
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Flexible work schedule (some nights and weekend events)
How To Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to Kristopher Nolt, Public Relations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Content Management Systems
- Public Relations
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 10-15 Hours/Week