Lowell Community Food Bank is a Farm to Table food bank that doesn't have any shelves to stock with mac 'n cheese. We are instead located at Red Barn Community Farm with a 3 year old, large and growning garden.
- Work, walk, picnic, enjoy a huge variety of wild life. This is a great place to enjoy nature!
- Learn new things every time about gardening, the learning never ends.
- Share with your family where food comes from, how it's cared for.
We grow for our volunteers and for local food banks, shut in seniors and the women's shelter; distribution is within 2 hours of picking. Our volunteers learn how to grow food using organic methods, many of our volunteers were once our clients when we did stock shelves with mac 'n cheese.
We welcome groups and indivuduals including Boy Scout Troups, Youth Groups, YMCA Kids, 4H, Boeing Teams, women from the local shelter, and even folks working off some community serve hours. We love to teach gardening to anyone!
The garden is in the lovely Snohomish River Valley with incredible wildlife, scenic views and only 1 mile from Everett. This is a great place to bring the family, pack a lunch, and enjoy some time in the country.Last year it took a team of 185 volunteers to plant, care for and bring in the harvest. 23 were regular volunteers, the rest come once or twice a year. In 2014 we produced 3057 lbs of food distributed to food bank clients, 2015 grew to 8500 lbs. In 2016 we are expanding the garden, who know how much we can produce?
Welcome to the garden, I hope you join us and we become great friends.
- Park inside the gate at a wide spot along the road or by the tool shed. If you park by the barn, the garden manager will come talk with me. Then you get to walk back out and move your car.
- Wear closed toe shoes, no sandals. The sticker weeds are ferocious!
- Kids are welcome; bring extra clothes, hats, snacks, water.
- If you touch any tool you are responsible for returning it to the proper place. No exception.
- You must attend an orientation before helping in the garden. Then you are free to come anytime during daylight hours.
- Event Planning / Management
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Commit what time you are available