Technical Services Assistant: Maintenance & Repair of Materials
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where1492 Library Lanesaint Helena, CA 94574
Importance of Position: Assist library by helping with the physical maintenance and repair of library materials.
- Physical ability to push, bend, stretch, reach, lift, and read.
- Aptitude for details and neatness.
- Willingness and ability to work independently.
- Covering books.
- Cleaning DVDs.
- Repairing older books: -Glue spines. -Repair minor page tears, erase pencil marking on pages. -Replace worn plastic covers with new covers.
Training Provided: Orientation to the library as well as specific training for repairing library materials.
Benefits of Supporting the Library as a Volunteer:
- Satisfaction of providing much-needed support and service.
- Learning new skills.
- Opportunity to become acquainted with the Library’s collection.
Time Commitment: Minimum weekly 2-hour shift for a minimum 6 month commitment. Please provide the Volunteer Coordinator sufficient notice if unable to keep shift assignment.
Grounds for Termination : Failure to carry out assigned responsibilities. Breach of confidentially.
Contact Person: Volunteer Coordinator, Mari Martinez at 707-963-5244 ext 118
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum weekly 2-hour shift for a minimum 6 month
- Please provide the Volunteer Coordinator sufficient notice if unable to keep shift assignment.