Overview: With a fellow mentor, run one of our chess club per our Chess4Life Instructional System.
Schedule: One day of instruction after school and one quad night per week. Variation are okay if agreed to ahead of time; e.g. a mentor might be only able to commit to the instructions days or just the quad days.
Time Commitment: 2-4 hours per week.
* Practice: Expecting Tuesdays, starting around 3:30pm and lasting for 90 minutes
* Quad Game Day: Expecting Thursdays, 6:00-7:70pm
* Volunteer can commit to one or hopefully both days
* Chess Commissar: will email weekly and visit site every month
* Chess4Life Staff
Training: * Chess Instructor Training - Two days, 4 hours per day of professional instruction on our system.
* Ensure high quality instruction by using Chess4Life Instructional System
* Arrive early enough too have classroom ready for kids
* Coordinate with other mentors if you will miss a day
* Monitor and Communicate (Each mentor team shall)
* Take attendance
* Take pictures each week
* Report weekly to Chess Commissar
* Online Chess progress
* Lessons taught
* Submit pictures to shared drive
* Attend chess instructor training
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per week
- • Practice: Expecting Tuesdays around 3:30-5PM • Quad Game Day:Expecting Thursdays, 6:00-7:30pm