Our seniors in North Minneapolis need your help! We deliver food to seniors at their apartment buildings and community centers. Two Volunteer drivers are needed for each day to load the truck, drive to the destination and distribute to the food to our community members.
Volunteers must be 21 years old or older and have a valid driver's license and DMV check-good driving record
Below is the time frame and locations:
1 st Monday of the month @ Robbinsdale Apartments 9:30am-12:30pm
3 rd Monday of the month @ The Village Apartments 12:30-3:30pm
3 rd Tuesday of the month @ Metro Senior Center 8:15-11:15am (for Hmong elders)
3 rd Thursday of the month @ Parkview Apartments 9:30am-12:30pm (for Somali elders)
3 rd Thursday of the month @ People Inc 12:30-3:30pm
2 nd Friday of the month @ Parkview Apartments 12:30-3:30pm
3 rd Friday of the month @ Higher Ground Apartments 12:30-3:30pm
4 th Friday of the month @ St. Anne’s Apartments 12:30-3:30pm
- Food Service
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Bus/Van Driving
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- once a month or more
- valid driver's license and DMV check-good driving record
- Hmong Women's Cancer Screening...
- Community Health Worker (CHW)...
- Fare For All Assistants for Food...
- Mobile Food Shelf Drivers (21+)
- Fit4Fun Family Event with Open...
- Volunteer Coordination -...
- Food Shelf Data Entry & Customer...
- Health Screening for Hmong,...
- Computer Lab Coach
- Hospitality Greeter
- Children's Book Shelf Reader
- Food Shelf Volunteer
- Gardening Volunteer
- Spanish-speaking Women's Cancer...