Hospice Music & Memory Visit Volunteer
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where2245 Noth Bank DriveColumbus OhioCOLUMBUS, OH 43220
Research Hospice patient's musical favorites through patient visits conducting pre & post interviews with residents, family members or staff to develop personalized play lists.
Teach patients to use iPods & Headsets
Make scheduled weekly visits Hospice patients' to participate with, assist, observe and track patients' thoughts, behaviors, mood.
Recommended Qualities & Skills
- Understands use and care of iPod and headset
- Compassionate interest with seniors/hospice
- Enjoys teaching; can adapt explanation to needs and abilities of the individual
- Empathetic & patient
- Comfort with interviewing; oral history research a plus
- Adept at note-taking or recording comments for retrieval and follow up
- Patient Care
- Music Theory
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 6-8 weeks 1-2 hours weekly/bi-weekly
- reliable own transportation