Children that fall behind in reading by third grade are four times more likely to drop out of high school. Schools in Northern Utah are struggling to find the capacity to tutor these at-risk children and bring them up to grade reading level. The Read.Graduate.Succeed. program is the most recognized one on one tutor program in the state with 80 percent of its participants increasing by three or more reading levels by the end of the 30 weeks.
We tutor from 9:00 - 10:00 and 10:30 - 11:30 a.m. Monday through Thursday. You choose the time and days you will tutor.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
- Tutor a child at Cook Elementary School for 1/2 hour twice a week for 30 weeks.
- If you can give more time, you can tutor two students for 1/2 each (1 hour total each day) twice a week for 30 weeks.
- Changing children’s lives in real time.
- Increasing the odds of high school graduation.
- A rewarding experience for volunteers and an impactful way to give back to your local community.
- Literacy / Reading
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 - 2 hours weekly
- Able to commit for 30 weeks.