WHY BECOME A YEAR UP MENTOR?
* Make a difference in a young person’s life
* Provide support during the challenging transition to a career and college
* Become part of the Year Up Mentoring community for networking opportunities with like-minded professionals
WHAT MAKES A GREAT YEAR UP MENTOR?
* The ability and desire to work with young adults (ages 18-24) from diverse urban backgrounds
* A positive attitude and good listening skills
* The willingness to share your knowledge and experiences
* Patience, understanding, and a sense of humor
WHAT ARE THE EXPECTATIONS OF THE YEAR UP MENTOR?
* Email or call once a week and meet face-to-face with your student once a month for an 8-month period
* Assist in building and accessing professional networks and in reviewing resumes and college forms
* Encourage continuous learning and problem solving
* Attend the Year Up graduation and recognize your student
- Software Engineering
- IT Help Desk
- Professional Development
- Network Administration
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training