Are you interested in removing employment barriers for immigrants and refugees? Do you desire to make an impact on your community? This is a perfect opportunity to do both!
Neighborhood House AmeriCorps Members have opportunities to work with people from around the globe who are committed to ending poverty in King County. The primary functions of this position will involve working closely with adult clients who are seeking secure employment. Members will facilitate workshops, build community connections and assist in building the overall program capacity. Members serve full time for 10.5 months and receive a monthly stipend and education award upon successful completion of the service term. There are positions available in Kent and Seattle. Position is contingent on funding.
This is a great professional development opportunity for anyone who is interested in a career in the nonprofit field. Members will receive extensive training and support to build new skills. For more information, visit: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=64533&fromSearch=true
- Adult Education
- People Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 09/01/2016 through 07/15/2017, 40+ hours/week
- Citizenship/ESL Tutor- Seattle
- Youth Tutoring Programs-...
- Employment, Education Outreach...
- Front Desk Help Needed!...
- ESL Tutor (Renton)
- Employment, Education Outreach &...
- ESL Instructor (West Seattle)
- Opportunity to tutor an adult...
- Short Term Human Resources...
- Human Resources Assistant
- Citizenship/ESL Tutor - Kent