This unpaid internship is responsible for supporting daily operations of a thriving older adult program including program development, implementation, increasing program participation and building and maintaining relationships with participants.
- Able to pass a criminal background check
- Ability to work independently, make appropriate decisions and seek assistance when needed
- Detail orientated
- Previous experience working with older adults preferred
- Monday through Friday 10am-2pm, 20 hours per week
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Co-facilitate Senior Program Activities Meetings with seniors
- Assist seniors with weekly program activities
- Coordinate special events
- co-facilitate health & wellness support group
- Build supportive relationships with Older Adult Participants
- Assist with Senior Meal Site as need, including light meal preparation, serving, and cleaning
- Provide Administrative Assistance to the Older Adult Program, including reporting and data entry
- Free access to GCC’s fitness center
- 25% discount at GCC’s morning coffee cart
- Gain experience in non-profit program management and older adult services
- Administrative Support
- People Skills
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 20 hours per week
- Copps Junction Rd Food Drive
- Copps Fitchburg Food Drive
- Love chatting on the phone? ...
- Gratitude Gift Delivery Driver
- Community Fitness Center Detailer
- Copps Middleton Food Drive
- Serve up food & friendship to...
- Greet our great seniors
- Food for Thought Initiative Driver
- Older Adult Program Intern
- Wordsmith wanted to write...
- Have fun with families! One...
- Monona Copps Food Drive
- Madison Marathon Volunteer
- Pick'n Save Food Drive
- Food Pantry Assistant
- Make handmade cards to thank...
- Foodworks Ambassador
- Be on-call: Serve up food &...
- Metro Market Food Drive