Repair a Family's Home and Learn New Skills
If you're a Do-It-Yourselfer, this is a great opportunity to learn new skills with guided support. No previous construction experience is required. You will work in a small setting with staff and other volunteers and see the direct impact as you work on a family's home. Volunteers provide critical exterior repairs such as roof shingling, new siding and paint, porch repairs and energy efficiency projects such as new doors and windows.
Many opportunities are available for individuals and groups. Contact us with any questions or sign up for a shift at http://construction-denver.denver.volunteerhub.com.
About Habitat's Home Repair Program
In an effort to stabilize and revitalize communities, Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver established a Neighborhood Revitalization effort focused on home repair in 2012. Habitat helps low-income homeowners with essential repair projects so they can continue living in safe, decent, and affordable homes for many years to come.
Over the next two years (2017-2019), Habitat will repair over 150 existing affordable homes for 375 people (300 adults and 75 children).
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- 9:00am-4:30pm, full day
- All volunteers must attend the safety orientation on the morning of the build.
- Lend a hand and build a home -...
- Build a Family's Home this...
- Volunteer at the Aurora ReStore!
- Build Homes Indoors!
- Meet and Greet Host
- Gather Your Friends for a Group...
- Volunteer at the Denver ReStore!
- Help Build Affordable Homes
- Volunteer at the Littleton...
- Repair a Family's Home!
- Volunteer at the Wheat Ridge...
- Volunteer at the Highlands Ranch...