General Function:This position will be responsible for coordinating activities in the volunteer engagement center, including project set-up, volunteer training, quality control, safety, etc.
- Maintain excellent customer service with both internal (employees) and external customers (volunteers, visitors, etc.)
- Ensure projects are being completed in a safe manner
- Match volunteer project with available volunteer individuals or groups to ensure quality in finished project and also rewarding volunteer experience
- Train volunteers on specific volunteer projects, follow up to ensure understanding of instructions and ensure quality control is being maintained throughout project
- Ensure that volunteers have adequate supplies to perform jobs
- Be available for volunteers to answer questions, give instructions, take out finished projects, bring in new projects, etc.
- Ensure work environment is clean and orderly
- Be familiar with safe food handling and ensure that food sorted and repacked in VEC is handled according to safe food handling procedures
- Willingness and ability to learn to operate basic warehouse equipment. (pallet jack, pallet wrap, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
Other Aspects of the Job:
- Must be able to effectively communicate and interact with coworkers, managers and customers/clients
- Have a commitment to the mission of Harvesters
- This position functions in a warehouse environment. It requires heavy lifting (5 to 50 pounds) and extensive walking through the warehouse, back and forth to the office, etc.
- Experience: Experience working and coordinating a diverse group of people is helpful. Materials handling/warehouse experience helpful. Must be computer literate.
- Education: Requires a high school education or equivalent and good verbal and written communication skills.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 15-20 hours per week
- Desired Availability: Tuesdays 12:30 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. Saturdays 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.