Community Engagement Specialists will concentrate on recruiting, educating, retaining and recognizing the number of community supporters (individuals, families, faith-based and service organizations, and corporations) whose donation of time will make it possible to increase the amount of perishable and non-perishable food available for distribution by our agency network. ACMs will also create and present age-appropriate service learning activities around the issue of hunger, food insecurity, and volunteerism for students, teachers, and families. Harvesters overall goal is to increase the number of volunteer visits and hours contributed by the community by 3% each year, and the activities of the volunteer services specialists will be key in meeting this goal.
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident Alien
- 17 years or older
- Valid drivers liscense
- Some College credits or verifiable work history
- Must be able to effectively communicate and interact with coworkers, managers, customers/clients and volunteers, and must be able to multi-task effectively, to manage the high activity.
- Must have strong attention to detail and have good organizational skills.
- Must be able to use general office equipment, such as telephones, computers, calculators, faxes and copiers.
- Work schedule will be Tuesday - Saturday; occasional evening and other out-of-hours work required.
- Must have a commitment to the mission of Harvesters.
- This position requires an understanding of all Harvesters food safety policies and compliance with all food safety related procedures.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 17
- 40 hours per week
- Desired Availability:Tuesday 12:00p.m. until 7:30p.m.; Wednesday thru Saturday 8:30a.m. until 5:00pm