Coachella Valley Volunteers In Medicine
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where82915 Avenue 48Indio, CA 92201
You will start and end your first shift (4 to 8 hours long) by sitting down with CVVIM staff to answer any remaining questions that might be swirling around in your head. At the start of your shift you will be introduced to your fellow volunteers and someone will be appointed as a "first day mentor" to help you ease into your volunteer role.
- Take telephone calls, park them on hold, transfer them to the appropriate extension
- Learn where the clinic's "panic alarm" is located
- Introduced to the clinic's office environment (computers, files, etc.).
- Greeting Patients
- Checking in Patients
- Monitoring the patient lobby
- Assisting with new patient paperwork
- Answering telephone calls/taking messages
- Pulling messages from voicemail
- Protecting patient privacy
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Martha's Village & Kitchen
- Voices for Children (CASA)
- California Highway Patrol (...
- Palm Desert Library (Public...
- Palm Desert Library
- Indio Middle School
- Reliance Hospice
- Coachella Valley Repertory
- Desert Hot Springs Senior Center...
- Coachella Valley History Museum
- Desert Best Friend's Closet
- Jewish Family Service of the...
- RSVP Advisory Council Member
- Soldiers Organized Services (SOS)
- Paws & Hearts
- Children Discovery Museum
- Eisenhower Medical Center
- RSVP - Volunteer Program Office...
- Palm Springs International Film...
- Cathedral City Library