Coachella Valley Volunteers In Medicine
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where82915 Avenue 48Indio, CA 92201
You will start and end your first shift (4 to 8 hours long) by sitting down with CVVIM staff to answer any remaining questions that might be swirling around in your head. At the start of your shift you will be introduced to your fellow volunteers and someone will be appointed as a "first day mentor" to help you ease into your volunteer role.
- Take telephone calls, park them on hold, transfer them to the appropriate extension
- Learn where the clinic's "panic alarm" is located
- Introduced to the clinic's office environment (computers, files, etc.).
- Greeting Patients
- Checking in Patients
- Monitoring the patient lobby
- Assisting with new patient paperwork
- Answering telephone calls/taking messages
- Pulling messages from voicemail
- Protecting patient privacy
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Martha's Village & Kitchen
- Palm Desert Library (Public...
- Palm Desert Library
- Indio Middle School
- Riverside County Sheriff's...
- La Quinta Senior Center
- Coachella Valley Repertory
- Neuro Vitality Center
- Braille Institute
- Desert Hot Springs Senior Center...
- Coachella Valley History Museum
- Desert Best Friend's Closet
- Paws & Hearts
- The Narrow Door
- YMCA Of The Desert
- Palm Desert COPS
- RSVP - Volunteer Program Office...
- Palm Springs International Film...
- Student Ambassador SafeHouse
- Neuro Vitality Center ( Palm...