Summary of Position
The workshop training associate serves by providing support with training facilitation duties for the Training department of the Pikes Peak Workforce Center (PPWFC). The objective of this role is to help develop the capacity of the Training department to serve more job seekers in El Paso and Teller Counties, ultimately having a greater positive economic impact within the Pikes Peak Region.
- Attend instructor-led computer workshops and be on-hand to answer questions from class participants
- Assist with set-up and tear-down of training room before and after workshop
- Monitor workshop participants and assist when they are stuck or behind
- Assist with other workshop needs such as customer check-in, handing out printed material, collection of feedback, etc.
- Answer general questions from customers before or after workshops
- Adhere to the PPWFC customer service standards at all times
- Work closely with PPWFC staff
- Complete required tracking of volunteer hours, tasks completed, etc., as appropriate for position
- Participate in volunteer evaluations to help improve mutual satisfaction and the volunteer program itself
- Attend meetings, trainings and events as requested and when possible
- Understand and adhere to all programmatic and agency policies, especially those concerning public relations
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- Must be at least 18 years old and possess a High School Diploma or GED
- Experience in training facilitation and/or customer service required
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office software: Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. Highly proficient with basic computer and internet skills.
- The ability and willingness to learn and adhere to predetermined standards
- Commitment to provide excellent customer service
- Comfortable working directly with a variety of customers
- A high degree of professionalism and a friendly, positive attitude
Term of Service
The volunteer must commit to a minimum of 6 months of service, at least 9 hours per month. Workshops are anywhere from 2 to 2.5 hours long. Volunteers are needed for morning and afternoon workshops on all days Monday - Thursday.
- Professional development in the area of training support and career readiness training
- Increased experience and skills in working with job seekers
- The opportunity to be an integral part of helping job seekers increase their employability or get a job, ultimately improving the economic vitality of the Pikes Peak Region
- Work with a great team of supportive, devoted professionals who are invested in your personal success
- Orientation to PPWFC and volunteer program will be provided and is mandatory before startingvolunteer service.
- Position-specific training/support will be provided by PPWFC and is mandatory before startingvolunteer service.
- Ongoing support from Volunteer Services Coordinator and department staff.
Reports to Volunteer Services Coordinator and Training Department Staff
Work Conditions Work is performed in an office environment.
Selection, Training and Development Process
1. Complete a PPWFC Volunteer Inquiry online at www.ppwfc.org
2. Interview with the Volunteer Services Coordinator
3. Pass a background and reference check
4. Complete all necessary volunteer paperwork
5. Sign a written volunteer agreement to commit to a minimum of 6-months of service
6. Attend mandatory orientation (provided by PPWFC)
7. Complete mandatory position-specific training
- Adult Education
- General Education
- People Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- See Description
- See Description