Avalon Hospice services patients in their homes, nursing facilities, hospitals, and where ever they reside. Sometimes we get on service those who do not wish to leave their homes, but cannot cook for themselves any longer (perhaps they cannot stand for long periods of time or are just too depressed to care about food), cannot grocery shop, and have so much pride they will not ask for help. We need volunteers to visit these patients and perhaps provide a home cooked meal once in a while to supplement what they might get from other meal programs. A large pan of spaghetti, which they can reheat over a period of time, can cost as little as a box of noodles and a can of sauce, but can mean the difference between a meal and going hungry. Help us give our patients something to look forward to, and give them back their dignity and independence. Please call us if you would like to help. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 615 889-5995. We service people all over the state of TN so call no matter where you live if you want to help and we will find you the office you can work with. So little of your time, can matter so much to someone who is hurting! Thank you.
- Cooking / Catering
- Elder care
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteers set their own hours
- Ability to carry on a conversation and a desire to help those in need
- Give Back to those you Honor
- Honor those who have served!
- Military Veterans Needed to...
- Crafters Needed for Hospice...
- Love to Cook?
- Meals for Shut Ins needed asap!
- Office Volunteers Needed NOW!
- Social Workers need Volunteer...
- Chatting Up the Elderly!
- ANY TIME IS VOLUNTEER TIME
- Office Volunteers Needed ASAP!
- Volunteers To Visit In The Home...
- Volunteer Opportunity in an Office
- Military Volunteers Needed ASAP!
- Summer Volunteers Needed ASAP!
- Friendly Visitor Volunteers...
- Art Enthusiasts Teaching Classes...
- Giving Back Is Easy - Call to...
- Caring Listeners Needed Now!
- Brighten a hospice patient's day...