Cat Angels Pet Adoptions is a no-kill, cat and kitten rescue shelter and adoption center in Cary, NC. Our cats and kittens are well-loved, and well-cared for in a loving home-like environment while they are waiting for their forever home.
We need help staffing adoption events. Duties include:
- Sit at desk in reception area and greet entrants
- Control traffic and coordinate hand off of persons with filled-out applications to adoption team
- Give tours to people who have not filled out an application
- Ensure someone is physically in the reception area at all times
- Keep vials filled with L-Lysine and Probiotics for go home packages
- Have a dozen go-home bags prepared and in plastic bags, loosely tied one time (instructions given at the adoption center)
- On go-home days, confirm which bag of dry food is to be included and have the bags ready for the go-home interview
- Make note of all donations that day and give to Adoption Team member at the end of the shift.
- Make note of all the tours given that day and give to Adoption Team member at the end of the shift.
- Vacuum reception area and remove trash.
- Keep lobby cat food cabinets orderly, clean and filled. Coordinate with lead Adoption team member if necessary.
- Ensure a goodly supply of new Medical Records files are prepared and ready to go.
This particular opportunity is from 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM on Fridays.
To get the ball rolling, please fill out our volunteer application at our website:
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- A minimum of 3 hours per week is required.
- Under 18 may volunteer with a parent or guardian