Our goal is to create excitement & enthusiasm for community service and donating blood with elementary age students through learning!
Do you love spending time with kids and teaching them the importance of helping others? If you have experience working with kids, have public speaking skills, are a retired teacher, or even a teacher-in-training, then this is the right volunteer opportunity for you!
Oklahoma Blood Institute's Kids Care Program supports elementary learning needs by providing our schools with grade appropriate lesson plans that support community service engagement. A Kids Care Instructor will work with Institute account consultants & school representatives to execute lesson plans & activities with groups of children to support parent & adult recruitment to donate blood.
- Fulfill scheduled commitment as school guest speaker or assistant in designated presentation
- Present educational information & conduct lessons/activities
- Supervise elementary aged children for a short time
- Assist with distribution of giveaway thank you items and student recruitment tools
- Public Speaking
- General Education
- People Skills
- Community Outreach
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Availability between 7:30am-3:30pm - times vary
- Ability to supervise & engage elementary aged children in lessons & activities.