WE NEED FOSTERS!
Ziggy and Friends rescues cats and kittens from across Los Angeles and Orange Counties. The more fosters we have, the more cats we can save! Fostering means bringing an abandonded cat into your home with the goal of nurturing him or her until we find a new family who will love this kitty forever. It’s an amazing experience, and here’s why:
1. Foster pets learn that they’re loved, maybe for the first time ever. Watching this transformation can be magical.
2. It’s fun and often a life-changing experience for you and your family.
3. You are saving lives! Each year, cats are euthanized in shelters more than any other animals. We believe that every life matters.
4. It’s a great experience for kids in learning how to care for animals and contribute to the world around them.
5. Have you ever heard the term "Who rescued who?" Fostering can be just as healing and therapeutic for the foster as it is for the animal.
6. You’re covered for all medical expenses, food, and litter.
7. You will have a variety of wonderful experiences: senior cats, kittens, a mama cat and babies...they all need your time and love!
If you think fostering might be too hard because you could never say good-bye, consider this! Yes, most good-byes are hard but also filled with joy. You are giving this precious cat a new lease on life, a new beginning. When this chapter comes to an end, another one is waiting in the wings!
If you are interested in fostering for Ziggy and Friends, please contact Christine Hood at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Maral Mofrad at email@example.com.
*We also need volunteers to transport cats from shelters to foster homes across the L.A. and O.C. areas.
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- As long as is needed to foster a cat/kitten for adoption.
- Also need temporary fosters and transporters.