Become a volunteer Fundraising Manager at For Goodness Cakes and help us spread Love, Joy and Frosting to disadvantaged and at-risk youth.
For Goodness Cakes works with foster agencies and care homes to match volunteers to make and hand-deliver birthday cakes to foster children and at-risk youth on their special day within LA County.
Birthdays are often overlooked due to more pressing needs. Our mission at For Goodness Cakes is to give individual youth at least one special moment that is about them. By providing a child a treat made especially for them, it gives them some much needed time to not feel the increasing pressure of their socioeconomic situation, but rather grow in optimism and confidence.
We are looking for an experienced Fundraising Manager to volunteer with our team for a few hours a week, to help our organization build the funds necessary to suport our activites and help our organisation grow to serve as many children as possible.
The Fundraising Manager will be responsible for the general oversight and day to day operation of all fund development operations including, but not limited to, all fund raising activities, promotion, special events, policies and procedures and record keeping. Specifically, they will:
- Plan and implement (alongside the Board and Management Team) all fund development activities of For Goodness Cakes.
- Identify and makes personal calls on prospective donors.
- Accepts gifts from donors an assures that receipts and thank you letters are sent promptly and according to policy
- Plans and attends all fundraising functions of For Goodness Cakes - including special events
- Maintains the events calendar for annual activities, meetings, etc.
- Prepares reports for the Board and CEO as required and necessary.
- Assists in the orientation of new Board members, administrative volunteers, and committee members in relation to fundraising activities
- Maintains donor and fund development records.
- Works with the team to create all fundraising related materials including, but not limited to, brochures, event invitations, newsletters, special projects, and annual reports.
If you are interested in this position, please contact us via email@example.com
We are hosting our next volunteering orientation on Sunday May 29, 2016 at 3pm, where you can come to meet us and other like-minded volunteers to find out more about our organisation. If you would like to attend the orientation, please RSVP at https://forgoodnesscakesmay.splashthat.com
- Resource Development / Management
- Donor Management
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Financial Literacy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible to your schedule, at least 3-4hrs a week
- Ideal candidates will be self-motivated, dedicated and display high levels of integrity.