Provide for non-clinical compassionate needs of patients and their families on the Acute Palliative Care Unit at Summa Barberton Hospital.
Support the patient, loved ones, and family during this difficult journey while providing friendly visits. Will attend interdisciplinary team meetings while working along side doctors, nurses, and staff to provide comfort care to patients.
This is a great opportunity for those that have the passion for people, or those that are studying nursing, social work, and disciplines in the medical field.
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months/ 50 hours
- Bedside Vigil Volunteers
- KeepSake Pillow Volunteer
- Barberton In-Patient & Family...
- Office Volunteer-Office Assistant
- Caring Cuisine
- Wish Patients a Happy Birthday...
- Caring Cards Volunteer
- Provide Support to Hospice...
- Companion Volunteer
- Bereavement Volunteer
- Music Ministry
- Companion Volunteer -Akron,...
- We make a living by what we get;...
- Compose Patient's Life Stories,...
- In-Patient & Family Services...
- Office Support Volunteer
- Provide patients & families...
- Become a Spiritual Companion to...
- Recognize & Honor a Veteran