Title: Feed our Youth=Feed our Future
"La Casa Norte’s mission is to serve youth and families confronting homelessness. We provide access to stable housing and deliver comprehensive services that act as a catalyst to transform lives and communities." La Casa Norte’s mission and philosophy of service are to impact the social issues of homelessness at the individual and community levels.
This is an ongoing volunteer opportunity with La Casa Norte. Volunteers have the option of bringing in food to cook at the scheduled locations; or preparing the meal beforehand and dropping it off at the scheduled location. This volunteer position is beneficial to LCN in assuring our youth, who are accessing our programs receive a warm meal.
Solid Ground Program
- Shifts are available daily from 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm or on the weekends from 10:00am-1:00 pm at Solid Ground location (Humboldt Park)
- Must be able to donate items that are to be prepared for the meal
Casa Corazon Drop-In Program
- Shifts are available on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 11:00 am - 12:00 pm or 4:00pm-6:30 pm at the West Side location (Logan Square )
- Shifts are available on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 11:00 am - 12:00 pm or 4:00pm-6:30 pm at the South Side location (BOTY)
Casa Corazon Emergency Beds Program
- Shifts are available on weekdays and weekends from 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm at either our Westside location (1940) or the south side location (1736)
Goal One: Preparation, cooking, and clean-up
- Plan, prepare and cook food
- Solid Ground: 16 youth
- Casa Corazon Drop-In West: 10-20 youth
- Casa Corazon Drop-In South: 10-20 youth
- Casa Corazon Emergency Beds West: 15 youth
- Casa Corazon Emergency Beds South: 30 youth
- Clean-up kitchen and workspace
- Interact with youth in a positive and professional manner.
- Attend any professional development or training provided to volunteers.
In addition to the responsibilities listed above, all La Casa Norte volunteers are responsible for contributing to the overall success of La Casa Norte by:
Minimum Age: 18
La Casa Norte is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, or disability.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training