PRISM Ambassadors--Community Outreach, Tabling, and more!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
3 people are interested
PRISM Ambassadors help represent PRISM in the community and increase community awareness of PRISM. Ambassadors assist according to their interests with identifying community outreach opportunities, representing PRISM at various events, and presenting about PRISM to community groups. Ambassadors consistently demonstrate professionalism, intimate and accurate knowledge of PRISM, and obvious passion for PRISM’s work. Contact Kevin Lytle, email@example.com, 763-432-4210 for more information and schedule training.
- Initial two-hour group training session to learn about PRISM programs, philosophy and approach to our work, basic organizational finances, donation priorities, and more
- Outreach events may include: Golden Valley and/or New Hope Farmer’s Markets, volunteer recruiting fairs, Faith Partner block parties, Whiz Bang Days, etc.
- Ambassadors can also support PRISM by representing the agency within their communities (civic groups, church groups, neighborhood associations, etc.) or online via social media
- Attend local events as a representative of PRISM and distribute materials as appropriate
- Assist with set up and takedown as needed and monitor supply of promotional materials
- Demonstrate consistent professionalism and friendly attitude when interacting with the public
- Maintain understanding of PRISM’s mission, values, and programs through training session and materials provided
- Connect PRISM staff and board to the issues, challenges, and opportunities within our community
- Connect with community members including faith groups, civic groups, businesses and more
- Communicate promptly and accurately with PRISM staff regarding event reports, scheduling, and interaction notes
- Must be comfortable lifting at least 25 pounds at farmer’s markets where we collect produce donations
1220 Zane Ave No, Golden Valley, MN 55422, US
To provide social services and connections that empower people in our community to build healthy, stable lives.
At PRISM, those in need will always find an ally. We promise to treat every person with the inherent dignity they deserve. We trust in the power of our community as together we meet our neighbor's right to healthy food, proper clothing, and housing stability. We are humbled by the trust extended to us by our many partners, and pledge to be an exceptional partner in and for our communities. We promise to empower those with whom we work in the cause of building healthy, stable lives.
We'll work with your schedule.
1220 Zane Ave NoGolden Valley, MN 55422
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hour training, flexible after that.