The mission of Tahoma Audubon is to connect people with birds, other wildlife and their habitats through conservation, education, and recreation.
TAS is seeking a member of the community to join our Board of Directors joining 12 other board members who constitute the Board. Board members serve three-year terms starting with an election of the membership held in February. The board supports a lean but efficient staff of two, with offices in the Adriana Hess Audubon Center in University Place.
The board currently meets on the second Thursday of each month in the evening.
Contact us for a detailed position description or with any questions. All potential canddates will be contacted by the board member search committee in the fall.
- Financial Auditing
- Reporting & Dashboards
- Habitat Restoration
- Environmental Policy
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least 5-10 hours per month
- Birding Class & Workshop...
- Urban Nature Walk Guides
- Bird Walk Guides
- Morse Force Educators/Docents
- Conservation Committee Members
- Native Plant Walk Guide
- Board Member
- Thelma Gilmur Education...
- Program Chair- Speaker Series
- Membership Committee Members
- Habitat Restoration Work Party -...
- Adriana Hess Audubon Center...
- Public Relations & Marketing
- Community Outreach Team Member
- Community Scientists
- Morse Force Wildlife/Property...