Give the gift of presence. Heritage Hospice is actively recruiting patient/family volunteers to make friendly visits in the greater Indiana and Johnston areas. Visits are low key and casual and can include listening, talking, sitting with patients and occasionally light housekeeping (home patients).
We customize the experience for you including locations (home or care facilities), length (30 mins to an hour) & frequency of visits (1-2x a month or weekly). Volunteers do not provide personal care.
We provide all the training you need at no cost to you. Various convenient options are available for orientation. Read more about all our other Volunteer Opportunities.
- People Skills
- Community Outreach
- Relationship Building
- Hospice Care
- Spiritual Healing
- Elder care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- flexible based on volunteer availability
- 2-step TB testing, drug screen
- Administrative Support - Indiana...
- Greater Indiana & Kittanning...
- Writers & Crafters Needed
- Greater Ebensburg & Johnstown...
- Administrative Support - New...
- Create a Lasting Memory - Sew a...
- Comfort Therapy Volunteers - NK...
- Greensburg Area Volunteers Needed
- Special Delivery Volunteers
- Comfort Therapy Volunteers - IN...
- Friendly Caller
- Share the Puppy Love! - Become a...
- Alle-Kiski Friendly Visitors