Hospice Plus Spiritual Care Course
28 people are interested
In the Hospice Plus Spiritual Care Course, our focus is the spirituality of dying. The Spiritual Care Volunteer does not need to be ordained nor seeking ordination in a religious tradition. However, course work provides a supportive atmosphere for discernment of a call to chaplaincy as well as real world experience and education for application to Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE).
Learning methods include:
- Reading books and articles, podcasts, workshops
- Shadowing Chaplains
- Patient(s) and/or caregiver(s) visits
- Grief Education
- Attendance at Interdisciplinary Group meetings
- Supervision with a focus on integration of experience and knowledge
The course is self-paced and may be adapted to the interests of the Spiritual Care Volunteer.
Hospice Plus Tree of Life Volunteer Orientation required prerequisite. TB Test, CPR Training and Background Check provided by Hospice Plus.
We'll work with your schedule.
PearlandPearland, TX 77581
- People Skills
- Spiritual Healing
- Hospice Care
- Relationship Building
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Hospice provides TB Test, CPR Training & Background Check