The Making Strides Against Breast Cancer program in Jacksonville, FL is looking for spring and summer semester college work study students.
You will work with the Community Manager of Making Strides Against Breast Cancer of Jacksonville. You will assist her with office and community based tasks to help build, grow, and execute the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Event. Based on your skill-set, you and the Community Manager will look through the tasks below and build your portfolio of focus.
- Assist in entering participant and donor data to online systems
- Assist in the planning and execution of the Making Strides Event
- Make phone calls to past participants inviting them to register this year
- Assist in recruit of new teams
- Staff tables at health fairs, networking events, community events, etc.
- Update event website with information, email challenges, etc.
- Assist in recruit of day of volunteers at walk
- Brainstorm new fundraising ideas/events
- Assist in getting in-kind donations of food, gift cards, prize baskets, etc.
- Assist in survivor recruitment
- Increase awareness about breast cancer in community
- Assist in collateral distribution in community
- Assist in publicizing the event through out the community
- Write news releases and stories to share with media outlets
- Assist in logistical planning of event
- Arrange for activities and entertainment at event
- Assist in other tasks needed at the office
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Able to work successfully in a diverse team environment
- Ability to assist in recruitment and motivation of community-based volunteers
- Demonstrated ability in handling multiple priorities, project management and meeting deadlines; strong planning and organizational skills
- Able to work through others to accomplish goals
- Proficient in computer-based information systems
Position will work 1-3 days per week at 4-8 hours per day. Must have access to car or be able to transport materials to and from meetings and special events/programs. Must be able to work evening and weekend events on occasion.
Save Lives. Fulfill Yours.
- Event Design & Planning
- People Skills
- Event Planning / Management
- Community Outreach
- Professional Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-3 days per week at 4-8 hours per day
- Southside - Relay For Life...
- American Cancer Society, Bartram...
- Volunteer Recruitment Chair-...
- Find Out How You Can Fight Back...
- Event Leadership American Cancer...
- We Need Your Help In The Fight...
- Baymeadows- Relay For Life...
- Putnam County -- Relay for Life...
- Entertainment Committee Member-...
- Community Manager- College Work...
- We need YOU!
- Community Manager- Office...
- Team Retention- Making Strides...
- Logistics Committee Member-...
- Food & Beverage Committee-...
- Event Leadership, American...
- Survivorship Chair- Making...
- Event Leadership - UNF American...
- First Coast Beaches- Relay For...
- Team Recruitment- Making Strides...