Global Women’s Leadership Network is looking for an experienced Web Architecture / Developer to support our Internet marketing needs. We are looking for a conscientious, detail-oriented volunteer to join the GWLN Marketing team to add content and make regular updates on our website. Volunteers must meet critical deadlines and be willing to work a flexible schedule including weekends and evenings. Enthusiastic, self-motivated, collaborative, adaptable and must possess a strong sense of responsibility.
* Develop and update webpages, including layout, text, adding video, images, graphics and command buttons as needed.
* Maintain the website, including regular updates, fixing broken links or applications and changing content as needed.
* Test the website after updates (Firefox, Chrome, Safari) to make sure it fulfils all requirements; if needed, fix any bugs and make adjustments.
* Ensure webpages are developed to measure traffic (the number of visitors)
to each page and link through Google Analytics.
* May be asked to create interactive functions that allow users to be connected with GWLN.
* Excellent technical skills and knowledge, including web development
packages and other web design and development software. Knowledge of
SquareSpace preferred but not required.
* Ability to use one or more scripting and programming languages. Common
* Common web development packages include Adobe Photoshop (preferred)
* Ability to work under pressure with deadlines.
* Good problem-solving skills.
* Effective communicator and troubleshooter.
* Willingness to learn on the job and keep up-to-date with new technology
* Approximately 10-15 hours a week (depending on project)
* Flexible hours
* Can work virtually
This is a volunteer position and is unpaid.
Global Women’s Leadership Network (GWLN) is a non-profit organization that provides leadership development and resources for women leaders around the world. We offer a residential leadership program, coaching and lifelong collaboration. The end result is a network of exceptional women who are visionary leaders ready to make social change, transforming the lives of women, girls and their communities in some of the most impoverished areas in the world.
- Web Design
- Website Project Management
- Information Architecture
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment