Our Saviour’s Housing is a community of hope for those who need a home. Our mission is eliminating homelessness by providing shelter, support, and a chance to start over. We serve nearly 500 adults each year in three housing programs: Emergency Shelter, Transitional Housing, and Permanent Supportive Housing.
oin Our Saviour's Housing as a crucial part of our daytime team! Gain experience with social services and homelessness in a friendly environment where your unique talents will be valued. The volunteer will work closely with staff to ensure that visitors’ needs are met, data is kept up to date, and the building is ready to host overnight residents.
Responsibilities may include:
- Greet and assist visitors with needs such as retrieving mail or joining our wait list
- Answer the phone for those seeking program information
- Complete clerical work such as data entry, filing, making copies, and sorting mail
- Organizing the front desk area, including keeping supplies stocked
- Water shelter plants - (and help keep them alive!)
- Customer Service
- Office Reception
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3-4 hour shift weekly (Mon-Thurs 10am-5pm)
- 4 month commitment
- Are you a people person who...
- Daytime Projects Volunteer -...
- Massage Therapist Needed!
- Help Serve Dinner at Our...
- Emergency Shelter Daytime Front...
- Birthday Card Craft Project!
- Lead a Fun Evening of Bingo for...
- Love to Cook? Provide Breakfast...
- Assemble hygiene kits for our...
- Emergency Shelter Daytime...
- Hairstylist Needed!
- Love to Cook? Provide Dinner for...
- Pack Bagged Lunches for...
- Chiropractor Needed!