Our Saviour’s Housing is a community of hope for those who need a home. Our mission is eliminating homelessness by providing shelter, support, and a chance to start over. We serve nearly 500 adults each year in three housing programs: Emergency Shelter, Transitional Housing, and Permanent Supportive Housing.
Join Our Saviour's Housing as a crucial part of our daytime team! Gain experience with social services and homelessness in a friendly environment where your unique talents will be valued. This is a great volunteer position to share your talents and discover new ones! The volunteer will work closely with staff on a variety of projects to ensure that operations run smoothly and the building is ready to host overnight residents.
Responsibilities may include:
- Organize donations, supply cabinets, clothing closet, and the kitchen
- Prepare shelter bedrooms for new residents
- Perform basic housekeeping tasks such as laundry & unloading the dishwasher
- Make occasional runs to Peace Coffee for shelter coffee supply and Goodwill for excess donations
- Maintaining resident informational bulletin boards
- Occasional room painting for resident move-ins & other basic maintenance projects
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3-4 hour shift weekly (Mon-Thurs, 10am-5pm)
- Ability to lift and carry items up to 40 pounds, including down staircases
- Are you a people person who...
- Fall Shelter Meal Servers!
- Daytime Projects Volunteer -...
- Massage Therapist Needed!
- Shelter Dinner Coordinator
- Help Serve Dinner at Our...
- Emergency Shelter Daytime Front...
- Birthday Card Craft Project!
- Lead a Fun Evening of Bingo for...
- Love to Cook? Provide Breakfast...
- Assemble hygiene kits for our...
- Emergency Shelter Daytime...
- Hairstylist Needed!
- Love to Cook? Provide Dinner for...
- Pack Bagged Lunches for...
- Chiropractor Needed!