Hospice Plus Spiritual Care Course
21 people are interested
In the Hospice Plus Spiritual Care Course, our focus is the spirituality of dying. The Spiritual Care Volunteer does not need to be ordained nor seeking ordination in a religious tradition. However, course work provides a supportive atmosphere for discernment of a call to chaplaincy as well as real world experience and education for application to Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE).
Learning methods include:
- Reading books and articles, podcasts, workshops
- Shadowing Chaplains
- Patient(s) and/or caregiver(s) visits
- Grief Education
- Attendance at Interdisciplinary Group meetings
- Supervision with a focus on integration of experience and knowledge
Hospice Plus Tree of Life Volunteer Orientation required prerequisite. TB Test, CPR Training and Background Check provided by Hospice Plus.
We'll work with your schedule.
Westheimer RoadHouston, TX 77082
- Spiritual Healing
- Elder care
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Self-paced Course
- Hospice Plus provides TB Test, CPR Training & Background Check