The kitchen/dining room is the heart of the Ronald McDonald House. We serve our families hot meals every day, provide continuous snacks and drinks, and have areas for guests to store and prepare their own meals. Our kitchen also serves as a gathering place for our families and opens onto a beautiful patio with outdoor cooking and dining areas. It takes several volunteers per day to help keep our kitchen/dining room clean and stocked and ready to serve our families.
Some specific duties include:
- Clean the dining tables, food prep stations and serving areas.
- Load and run the dishwasher. Unload and store clean dishes and utensils.
- Restock kitchen supplies - food, coffee supplies, and paper products.
- Properly package, label and store leftover food and keep the refrigerators clean and organized.
- Organize, label, and store food donations.
- As needed, assist volunteer meal groups by greeting them upon arrival and orienting them to the kitchen. Assist them in finding supplies and cooking utensils, and ensure that they have completed the requested form and received volunteer badges.
- Cooking / Catering
- Food & Beverage Services
- Food Service
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours per week