Intersection of Change has implemented an urban gardening program in the city to give residents a chance to access fresh vegetables in their community. The program is called Strength 2 Love 2 and we are in need of volunteers! If you are someone who loves the outdoors, cares about nutrition, and wants to help a community struggling with obesity, then this opportunity is for you. Duties will include clearing of debris, planting, harvesting, laying mulch, and other farming activity. This position requires hard work, but it will definitely make a difference.
The perfect candidate doesn't need any gardening experience, but must possess a drive for hard work. You must also have access to your own gardening gloves. Other materials will be provided. Dress code is as follows: closed toed shoes, long pants (preferably worn jeans that you wouldn't mind getting dirty), and a long sleeve t-shirt. The best volunteers are able to listen, take direction, and isn't afraid of getting their hands dirty!
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Policy
- Habitat Restoration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Flexible Weekly Commitment
- Help Plant Beautiful Rose Bushes!
- Like Being Outside? Help Out...
- End Hunger: One Meal at a Time!
- Help Martha's Place Stay...
- End Hunger One Meal at a Time!
- Youth In Business: Artist...
- Inspire Children Through Art!!
- Mentor Youth: Help high school...
- Administrative Assistance for...
- Sewing Teaching Assistant