Love cats? Love people? Are you able to handle stupid questions politely? Can you wrangle cats and kittens like the best of the best? Then we need you!
St. Sophia's Forgotten Felines, a cat rescue based in the Chicago Suburbs, is looking for Community Outreach Representatives (volunteer positions). We're a foster-based organization with no brick-and-mortar facility, so all adoptions are done at outside events at multiple locations each weekend. We're looking for outgoing people who are great at working with cats and can work with the public.
- Educate the public about the programs and services
- Answer questions about adoptable animals
- Distribute information and resources regarding pet ownership and behavior
- Help with set up and take down at events (ex. tents, tables, materials)
The Events can be anywhere in DuPage County, and can sometimes be in Cook County (city of Chicago). Events may be held outside in warm weather and/ or indoors at different locations.
- Proven experience working with the public
- Ability and desire to work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Professional public image
- Experienced animal handling skills (excellent Cat Wrangler Extraordinaire)
- Flexible schedule, as most events are on weekends or evenings
- Able to lift and carry animals, equipment, and supplies in excess of 50 pounds
- Valid Driver’s License
- Passion for issues relating to animal welfare
- Customer Service
- Public Relations
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours a month
- Proven experience working with the public Ability and desire to work in a fast paced, changing envir