Love cats? Love people? Are you able to handle stupid questions politely? Can you wrangle cats and kittens like the best of the best? Then we need you!
St. Sophia's Forgotten Felines, a cat rescue based in the Chicago Suburbs, is looking for Outreach Assistants. We're a foster-based organization with a small brick-and-mortar facility, so the majority adoptions are done at outside events at multiple locations each weekend. We're looking for outgoing people who are great at working with cats and can work with the public.
- Educate the public about the programs and services
- Answer questions about adoptable animals
- Distribute information and resources regarding pet ownership and behavior
- Help with set up and take down at events (ex. tents, tables, materials)
The Events can be anywhere in DuPage County, and can sometimes be in Cook County (city of Chicago) and surrounding areas. Events may be held outside in warm weather and/ or indoors at different locations.
Events are held every weekend. Some weekends may be busier than others. Some events last longer than others (small 4-hour events, or long 9 hour 2-day expos...) You'll be able to pick and choose what you're interested in attending, but we request that you commit at least 4 hours a month to helping out.
- Proven experience working with the public
- Ability and desire to work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Professional public image
- Experienced animal handling skills (excellent Cat Wrangler Extraordinaire)
- Flexible schedule, as most events are on weekends or evenings
- Able to lift and carry animals, equipment, and supplies in excess of 50 pounds
- Valid Driver’s License (or willingness to carpool or use public transportation)
- Passion for issues relating to animal welfare
- Customer Service
- Public Relations
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours a month
- Volunteers under 18 must have a parent/guardian attend training with them & sign a liability waiver