Help participant families develop strategies to achieve financial well-being.
United Way Suncoast and Gulf Coast Community Foundation's Financial Coach/Mentor program seeks empathetic, compassionate individuals to train as financial coaches/mentors This is a perfect opportunity to "give back" to the community, positively impact people's lives, and gain new skills.
We are seeking both English Speaking and Bi-lingual Spanish speaking Coaches.
Coaches will :
- Attend 8 hours of training to include : Review of overall financial picture;
- Enter into a coach-client partnership with low-income individual. Meet with client at least twice per month for 12 months
- Help determine strategies to change behaviors to promote positive financial outcomes.
- Help determine strategies to create awareness of credit and improve credit scores.
- Financial Service Assistance
- Community Outreach
- Teaching / Instruction
- Financial Literacy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 6-8 hours monthly