What is the Hispanic Prosperity Project?
The Hispanic Prosperity Project is a department of Opening Doors, Inc. that aims to build financial capability in Sacramento’s Hispanic Community through multiple different programs. MoneyWork$ is an intensive six-month "financial makeover" program for families to improve their financial management practices and develop a personal roadmap to self-sufficiency. Business Development Academy (BDA) is a sequel course for aspiring entrepreneurs. MoneyWork$ and BDA include weekly class sessions, support group meetings and one-on-one financial counseling. Business Expo is a network of BDA graduates who gather every month to improve their business skills. MoneyWork$, BDA, and Business Expo are the primary components of the Hispanic Prosperity Project.
- Assist in preparing and setting up for classes and outreach events
- Attend outreach events along with staff
- Act as an ambassador for the programs
- Manage the HPP table at different events - talk to potential clients & get their contact information.
- Contribute to event planning and coordination - particularly for the business expo
- Take detailed notes at class sessions (taught in Spanish) and type up those notes to provide to participants who missed the session
- Maintain records of class and support group participation
- Perform other tasks as needed
Volunteers will work in a busy, sometimes hectic environment and will interact with clients and other staff members
- Interest in personal financial education
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in Spanish (you will be communicating with clients who may only speak Spanish and taking notes during class)
- Physically Able (for setting up for events)
- Personable and friendly
- Must be available at least one of the following times: Monday evening, Wednesday morning, Wednesday evening, and weekends
*Volunteers will not be expected to work every Monday, Wednesday, or weekend. However the position is for someone who can come consistently every week or every two weeks.
HPP volunteers will gain a detailed understanding of personal finances and business development by attending the courses free of charge. Class sessions are taught by industry experts, and seats in the class are always in high demand. This is a perfect opportunity for someone who would like to take MoneyWork$ or BDA, but is not able/does not want to pay for the course.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should fill out the volunteer application on our website openingdoorsinc.org. The direct link is www.openingdoorsinc.org/Volunteer-Application.pdf. In the subject line of your email please write: Hispanic Prosperity Project Volunteer Applicant.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment