The ChickTech DC Chapter is launching the first year of ChickTech: High School. Our flagship youth program is offered completely free of charge to girls all over the country. This year-long series of workshops broadens the tech pipeline by recruiting who do not see themselves as technical but who have the aptitude to do very well in technical fields. The program launches each year with a two-day event we call "Kick Off". After Kick Off, girls self-select into monthly opportunities. The local High School Program Lead is the chief wrangler in planning and executing this program for 100 girls in the DC area.
The High School Program Lead is expected to:
- Find and foster strategic partnerships and relationships with organizations, schools, and businesses to launch the High School Program
- Project manage the annual High School Program Kickoff and monthly workshops with the help of a High School Program Committee
- Recruit a minimum of (3) High School Program Committee members
- Be an external voice for ChickTech
- Carry the vision for the chapter and inspire others to become a part of the ChickTech movement
- Collaborate with co-lead to determine overall budget and annual planning (with help from HQ as desired)
This volunteer opportunity could be for you if you have:
- A passion for empowering girls
- A love of technology
- 2+ years experience planning events
- 3+ years leading a team of people
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills that establish and maintain credibility and relationships
- Excellent problem-solving skills, ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- A strategic, tactical thinker
- The ability to work in a collaborative style and move others to action by planning, motivating and organizing work tasks
Time Commitment: 10 hours per week
Contact: ChickTech DC, firstname.lastname@example.org, (202) 670 2544
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Community Outreach
- Project Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hours per week
- Volunteer Coordinator: ChickTech...
- High School Program Manager -...
- Development/Fundraising Manager...
- Women in Tech Events Committee, ...
- Volunteer Coordinator - HS...
- Volunteer Director, ChickTech...
- Word Press Developer, ChickTech...
- Volunteer Coordinator- ChickTech...
- High School Program Director -...
- Development Lead: ChickTech...
- Fundraising and Partnerships...
- Finance Director - Charlotte
- Workshop Leader
- ACT-W Boston Conference Planning...
- Chapter Director - Dallas
- ChickTech DC: Women in Tech...
- Event Logistics Manager
- Graphic Designer, ChickTech...
- Fundraising Manager
- ChickTech Houston: Fundraising...