The WiderNet Project, a Chapel Hill non-profit organization, seeks volunteers with a variety of skill sets!
Since 2001, The WiderNet Project has provided training and coaching on information technology solutions for underserved areas of the world. Their off-line eGranary Digital Library is installed in over 1,000 locations, from 26 African counties, to locations across India and Papua New Guinea, and a dozen U.S. correctional facilities.
More information about the WiderNet Project can be found at:
As a member of the eGranary Content Team you will be an integral part of organizing and expanding the eGranary Digital Library. Typical volunteer opportunities on this team include:
- Seeking out valuable educational web resources to add to the eGranary Digital LIbrary and obtaining usage permissions.
- Expanding the eGranary's catalog by adding new records and metadata
- Developing portal collections about specific topics and expanding current portal collections
- Other special projects: If you have project ideas, let us know!
We especially encourage library science students, librarians, and those with expertise in a particular subject area to volunteer!
- General Education
- Critical Thinking
- Computer Science
- Library Sciences
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Publicity Team
- Engineers Bridging the Digital...
- Bridging the Digital Divide
- Artists and Designers Bridging...
- eGranary Content Team and...
- Fundraisers Bridging the Digital...
- Systems Management Team
- Advocate for Education in Prisons
- Journalists Bridging the Digital...
- Technological Development
- Computer Tech Team