Fundraising Volunteer Position Description
Position Title: Fundraising Volunteer
Department: Development and Fundraising
Supervisor Name: Dr. James Cassidy
Goal or purpose of position: The fundraising volunteer provides a range of support activities for Delray Community Wellness Center . The goal of the position is to assist in successful operations of the DCWC’s mission in order to ensure ongoing programs and services for senior suffering with chronic disease.
Major responsibilities (the following is a list of possible activities for a volunteer but not an all inclusive list nor is any volunteer expected to fill all of these roles.)
- Assisting in the development and implementation of a coordinated fundraising program.
- Planning for and managing of fundraising events.
- Handling donor acknowledgements and thank you letters.
- Identify donor prospects and research donor prospects.
- Data entry and maintenance of the data base.
- Solicitations of corporate sponsors, financial gifts, and gift-in-kind donations.
- Interacting with donors and conducting donor meetings.
- Development of donor materials, presentations, and mailings.
- Serves as an ambassador for the organization and promotes a positive image/ reputation of the ministry.
Qualifications (required, desired):
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good listening skills.
- Available by phone and Internet.
- No previous felony convictions: subject to criminal background check.
Time commitment: (hours/week; time of day) Two-three hours per week; Days are flexible.
Work location: Approximately 80%, of work can be done from home, 20% office 4800 Linton Blvd. Ste F-111 Delray Beach FL, 33445
- Ongoing training and skill development.
- Team meetings and interaction
- Donor Management
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 25
- Time commitment: (hours/week; time of day) Two-th
- Approximately 80%, of work can be done from home, 20% office 4800 Linton Blvd. Ste F-111 Delray Beac