The WiderNet Project, a Durham non-profit organization, seeks volunteers with a affinity for technology!
Since 2001, The WiderNet Project has provided training and coaching on information technology solutions for underserved areas of the world. Their off-line eGranary Digital Library is installed in over 1,500 locations, from 26 African counties, to locations across India and Papua New Guinea, and a dozen U.S. correctional facilities.
More information about the WiderNet Project can be found at:
Our eGranary Digital Library has expanded to 6TB and now contains ten million documents. We need programming volunteers now more than ever as we grow in this exciting endeavor.
As part of the team that represents the core of WiderNet, volunteers collaborate with staff to enhance our technical developments.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Software Engineering
- PC Platform
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Publicity Team
- Bridging the Digital Divide
- Artists and Designers Bridging...
- eGranary Content Team and...
- Curriculum Development
- Fundraisers Bridging the Digital...
- Advocates for Education in Prisons
- Journalists Bridging the Digital...
- Technological Development
- Android Developer
- Programmers Bridging the Digital...
- UX Developer