Be a part of the summer's blockbuster exhibit at Union Station - Body Worlds & the Cycle of Life!
Dr. Gunther von Hagens' Body Worlds & The Cycle of Life is a world-class, educational exhibition revealing the human body’s transformation through time. View more than 100 human specimens preserved through the remarkable process of Plastination, and see firsthand how the choices we make each day impact our incredible bodies - at work, at play, in health and in illness.
The Cycle of Life exhibition comes from the renowned Body Worlds collection, the most visited exhibitions in the world and experienced by more than 40 million visitors across four continents. Never before seen in Kansas City, Body Worlds & the Cycle of Life is expected to attract a large and diverse local and regional audience including families, students, health-minded individuals, healthcare advocates and professionals, and anyone interested in learning what makes us human.
The Cycle of Life is a new, groundbreaking anatomical presentation by Body Worlds that focuses on the human life cycle. It presents the body as it grows, changes, matures and wanes. Every stage of development is documented, from conception through optimal adult health and athleticism to eventual decline. The exhibition delivers a breathtaking encounter with the inner workings of the human body and shows the effects of poor health, good health, and lifestyle choices.
Volunteer Positions vary. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to customer service, checking/ taking tickets, greeting and directing guests, maintaining a clean and safe environment, and educating and interacting with exhibit guests.
Available Volunteer Shifts:
- Monday - Thursday: 10am - 1:30pm; 1:30pm - 5pm
- Friday - Saturday: 10am - 1pm; 1pm - 4pm; 4pm - 7pm
- Sundays: 12pm - 3pm; 2pm - 5pm -OR- 12pm - 5pm
Orientation: there are two training sessions available at Union Station before the exhibit opens- TBA
After the exhibit opens, all training will be done on an individual basis.
**Volunteers must go through orientation before they can work the exhibit.
If you are interested, please go to UnionStation.org/Volunteers, fill out an application, and note that you are interested in Body Worlds!
For more information abour Body Worlds & the Cycle of Life, please visit UnionStation.org/CycleofLife/
We hope you will enjoy everything about your volunteer experience at Union Station. The services you give to our organization are critical to the success of our mission. Therefore, we try to make your experience as rewarding as possible. Here are some of the benefits we offer to volunteers:
- Free parking any time you volunteer at Union Station.
- You will receive the same discounts as Union Station staff members at the Science City and Kansas City stores, and all restaurants.
- Free membership!
- Invitation to various events, such as exhibit openings and volunteer recognition days.
- Volunteers may deduct from your taxes each year: meal costs, uniform costs and transportation expenses (in accordance with IRS regulations - See bulletin board in the Volunteer Office). The Volunteer Office will provide a list to each volunteer upon request that verifies the number of hours you volunteered that year.
- Physical Therapy
- People Skills
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training